Monday, March 21, 2011

Fairy Cakes


I <3 fairy cakes!  My mam made them for us when we were little (and still does), then we started helping, and look at me now, I'm making them all on my own, proud of me mam?  Haha!  Here's the recipe:

Fairy Cakes

Equipment
  • Weighing scales
  • Whisk
  • Paper cases
  • Bowl
  • Sive 
  • Baking tray
Ingredients
  • 100g (4oz) butter
  • 100g (4oz) caster sugar
  • 2 eggs, beaten
  • 100g (4oz) self raising flour

Method

1. Cream the butter and sugar together until pale and fluffy in other words, mush them together with your hands.  This is easier when the butter is cut up into small pieces and at room temperature.





2. Gradually beat  in the egg, a little at a time, beating well after each addition






3.  Fold in the flour gradually. 







4.  You should end up with something like this, with a smooth but thick consistency






5. Place the paper cases onto a tray.  Fill them half way with a spoon







6.  Bake at 190C/ gas mark 5/ 375F for 15-20 minutes until golden brown and cooked through.  Leave to cool on a wire rack.






7.  I used icing to top my cakes, or you can use chocolate either!







8. Et voila!




1 comment:

  1. Love it love it LOVE IT!!!! you know my adoration of cakes!!

    ReplyDelete