Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Francesco's "Linguini allo Scoglio"


"Black tail tiger king prawns with green lipped mussels and juicy pieces of cod. Finished in a mouth watering sauce of fresh cherry tomatoes, garlic, a hint of chili and parsley."

So I fancied a take away one night but wanted something a bit healthier than the norm. A two for one voucher for the Italian restaurant "Francescos" in Buckinghamshire came in the post that morning so it was a no brainer. The linguini allo scoglio really appealed to me as i love my prawns and mussels and a fresh Italian tomato sauce. I was really happy with this dish. The heat from the chili wasn't over powering, the sauce was lovely, the cherry tomatoes were amazing they were warm and juicy and full of flavour, the prawns were shelled but i love them like that and the mussels were huge. There was plenty of fish and they definitely didn't leave me short and was left full and satisfied. All in all I loved the linguini allo scoglio and would love to make my own attempt at it!

No comments:

Post a Comment